The Newest Vital Sign is an excellent tool your employees can use to quickly assess the health literacy of a patient or client. All members of your team, from community health workers and patient navigators to medical interpreters and assistants, can use it. In this self-guided course, your employees will learn what The Newest Vital Sign is and how to administer it, and then they'll have a chance to practice in an interactive activity.
- The basics of health literacy
- The Newest Vital Sign methodology and administration
- Interactive practice assessment
Each of your employees will receive the following materials:
- Easy-to-use private online learning site with access to all program information, support, and resources in one location
- Worksheets and resources to use on the job
- Certificate of Completion for those who have successfully completed the course
This is a self-paced course your teammebers can complete the course when it fits best with their working schedule. It takes approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
Who should attend
Your entire healthcare team, including community health workers, patient navigators, medical interpreters, medical assistants, nurses, physicians assistants, or anyone working in health information and services.
No specialist background knowledge is required. By the end of the course, your employees will have all the knowledge and tools they'll need to identify gaps in health literacy so your organization can deliver information with greater impact.